Thursday, May 13, 2010

WHY I CHOSE THIS TOPIC...

I chose this topic for several reasons; I have always been interested in Africa and politics, I wanted a topic that was not mainstream, I also wanted a topic that very few people knew about. Ever since I was little I have wanted to visit Africa, I have heard stories about this beautiful country, and someday I would like to travel to Africa and help in communities in Africa. Several years ago, My aunt went to Ghana through her work: she is a nurse. With her team, my aunt delivered medical supplies and helped build an addition to the small clinic that served as a hospital for the community in Ghana. Since my aunt went on this trip I have been very interested in African affairs, and have wanted to travel there to do work similar to the work my aunt did. I wanted a topic that was not mainstream, and that was not very well known. Mainstream topics are usually slandered with political, religious and other opinions, and it is hard to understand the actual events that led, up to this topic. Finally this topic really interested me, and I wanted to learn more about the Angolan Civil War....................

No comments:

Post a Comment